Thursday, October 6, 2011

About Mrs. Geldes

I am a 4th grade teacher at Two Springs Elementary.  I attended Dana College in Blair Nebraska and graduated in 2005.  I earned my Master's Degree from Wayne State in May 2010.  I am the oldest of 4 and I am originally from Bellevue.  My husband Pete and I have been married for 3 years and we just celebrated our son Thomas' first birthday.  I enjoy working with my students and helping them discover a passion for learning.
I am a PC person simply because that is mostly what I have had access to.  As of now I don't really have a preference.  As long as it will get the job done I will use it :)  I try to use various technology tools in my classroom.  Recently I have used Glogster, Twitter, Flubaroo/Google Docs and various Microsoft programs.  I am always wanting to learn about more technology and find ways to use it in my classroom.
I would like to use this Blog to communicate with parents.  I think it will be a great way for parents to know what is going on in my classroom.  I would also like to become comfortable with blogging so I can help my students create their own blogs.  I believe that blogs are a great way for students to get in touch with other students around the world.  In the last few weeks as I have developed my PLN through Twitter I have discovered how useful a blog can be.   

4 comments:

  1. Look at you and the boys! Great 1st post! Your blog will soon become really Fabulous I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have tried several blogs, and found roadblocks, which is why I am taking this class, now. I am hoping to have a blog where students and parents can access my class information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of you and your boys! How cute!! I just took Twitter as well and am hoping to keep learning ways to keep parents updated on what's going on in our classroom on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To get my background, I google searched for a colorful one that I liked. There is a way in the design tab to change your background. I don't remember off hand, but it will let you put in any image, as long as it is not too big. I love your important events feature. Did you just type those in or are they off of a calendar?....

    ReplyDelete